555-8200 Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - (1979-2004)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - (1979-2004)
1) Raise the car and place it on jackstands. Never work under a vehicle which is not properly supported.
2) Remove stock coil springs. Consult a shop manual for the procedure to remove the stock springs.
CAUTION: Coil springs store a lot of energy, and can "fly" off the car and cause severe injury if not removed properly. Complete shop manuals are available from Steeda.
A coil spring compressor will be required to install drag racing front springs.
3) Transfer the rubber isolators from the stock springs to the new springs. If your isolators are damaged or missing, new ones can be purchased from Steeda.
Leaving the top or bottom isolators out will lower the car approximately 1/4 inch, or 3/8 to 1/2 inch if both are left off. At least one isolator per spring is recommended to prevent noise. Locate the spring on the control arms as shown in the illustration.
Special Notes for Drag Springs:
A spring compressor is required to install the front drag springs. These can be rented from many local auto parts sores. Use extreme caution when installing the springs. If a compressed spring slips out of the spring perch during installation if can fly across the room with extreme force, causing injury.
There are left and right rear springs. The right rear spring has a progressive spring rate to reduce body roll during launch. It is identified by a set of tightly wound coils at the top, with coils further apart at the bottom.
All installation instructions, images, & descriptions contained within are representative of the manufacturer instructions included with your part upon purchase & are the sole property thereof.
Pure Speed Motorsports practices due diligence in reviewing these instructions for accuracy and recommends consulting a certified professional when installing any aftermarket part or accessory.