555-8120 Steeda Heavy Duty Mustang Upper Strut Mounts (2005-2010 GT)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Steeda Heavy Duty Mustang Upper Strut Mounts (2005-2010 GT)
Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts
Note: The installation of these Competition Upper Strut Mounts requires the removal of the factory mounts that have the springs in a preloaded state. The potential energy stored in the springs can be very dangerous if not properly disassembled. Follow the factory service procedures or have this installation performed by a qualified technician. It is recommended that a factory service manual be available when installing these new mounts. The provided grease is used for the urethane bushings only!
1) Follow the factory service procedures and remove the strut and spring assembly.
2) Disassemble the strut and spring assembly. This should be performed using the correct strut/spring clamping device. If you do not have the spring removal equipment, take your strut assemblies to a technician for disassembly. External spring compressors may be used, but is not recommended.
3) Remove the rubber spring insulator from the stock strut mount
4) Remove the spring seat base from the new assembly. Insert the new spring base into the factory rubber spring seat. Be sure to keep the billet spring seat base face up to prevent disturbing the bearing inside.
5) Return the seat base to the assembly.
6) Slide the entire assembly over the shaft of the strut and align the pig tail of the spring with the coil pattern of the spring seat. (only kit 555-8120)
7) Torque the upper strut nut to 46 lb-ft. Take care when tightening the nut so that the assembly stays together as shown above.
8) Remove the four upper strut mount nuts from the new assembly. Then align the Steeda logo with the outside of the vehicle.
9) Reinstall the strut assembly following the factory installation procedures.
10) Repeat steps 1-9 for the opposite side.
11) Take a slow test drive and recheck all the fasteners before resuming normal driving.
Recommended Camber setting for S197 Mustangs
Street -.7 to -1.0
Aggressive Street -1.0 to -1.25
Race -1.25 to -2.5
*Note stock calls for -.7