Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Left & Right Side Splitter Kit (2010-2014)
Side Splitter Kit
Before installing your ROUSH Performance Product(s), read through the entire installation procedure and check to make sure all items are present. Contact ROUSH Customer Service at 1-800-59-ROUSH, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, weekdays, for any questions regarding fit, missing parts or instructions that are unclear to you.
USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN WORKING UNDERNEATH VEHICLE. Never get near or underneath vehicle until you are confident that it is safely supported and will not move or fall from its raised position. DO NOT USE A BUMPER JACK!
1) Select the LH ROUSH Rocker Splitter. The LH and RH Rocker Splitters are marked on the back side near the center of the part. Refer to Figures 1.
2) With an assistant, hold the left ROUSH Rocker Splitter in position and visually note where the foam tape is to adhere to the factory rocker panel molding. Refer to Figure 2. Remove the Rocker Splitter.
3) Clean the noted area and apply the 3M™ 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the factory rocker panel molding. Refer to the 3M™ Technical Data Sheet, included, for prep and application procedures.
4) Using a pair of pliers, reach into the rocker panel molding pockets as shown and pull the eight (8) push pins from the left side rocker panel molding and discard. Refer to Figures 3. The rocker panel molding will remain in place with the upper fasteners retaining it to the body.
5) Prepare the Rocker Splitter for installation by bending and creasing the tape pull tabs as shown in Figure 4. Do not expose or touch the foam tape.
6) Loosely install the left side Rocker Splitter and eight (8) new Push Pins. Ensure that the foam tape pull tabs are accessible. Refer to Figure 5. The picture shows a large gap for clarity. Press the Push Pins in, leaving a 1/8” to 1/4” gap.
7) Starting at the front and ensuring that the factory rocker panel molding is nested into the recessed feature in the Rocker Splitter (Refer to Figures 6), fully insert the eight (8) Push Pins. The handle of a screw driver works well to fully press the Push Pins in.
8) Pull the four (4) tape pull tabs to remove the tape backing. Refer to Figure 7.
9) Press the left side Rocker Splitter into place. Apply firm pressure at 3-4 inch intervals along the entire length of the Rocker Splitter to ensure a strong bond.
10) Using the installed left side Rocker Splitter as a template, drill five (5) 1/4” holes into the factory rocker panel molding as shown in Figures 8.
Assembly Tip: Place several wraps of electrical tape 1” from the tip of the drill bit to act as a drill stop. Refer to Figures 8.
11) Install a new Push Pin into each of the five (5) drilled holes. Refer to Figures 9.
12) Repeat steps 1 - 11 for the right side Rocker Splitter.