420002 Roush Mustang Fascia Front Splitter (2010-2012)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Fascia Front Splitter (2010-2012)
Mustang Front Fascia Splitter
Before installing your ROUSH Performance Product(s), read through the entire installation procedure and check to make sure all items are present. Contact ROUSH Customer Service at 1-800-59-ROUSH, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, weekdays, for any questions regarding fit, missing parts or instructions that are unclear to you. 1310R17D997IM Page 2 of 7 1-800-59-ROUSH
1) Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2) Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3) Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4) Chock the front and rear tires to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5) If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
6) Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7) Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
8) Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
9) Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
10) Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
11) Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
12) Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
13) Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
WORK SAFELY! Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
1) Using a 1/4” drive ratchet with a 5.5 mm socket, remove nine (9) screws from the lower close-out panel; one (1) at each wheel well splash shield, four (4) at the front fascia and three (3) at the rear edge of the close-out panel . Refer to Figure 1. Remove the lower close-out panel and set aside for reinstallation.
2) With an assistant holding the front splitter in position, install eight (8) M6 bolts (11-357-0269) and nuts (11-278-0260), as shown in Figures 2 and 3. Tighten and torque all nuts to 5 Nm (44 lb-in). Bolt hex-8 mm, nut-10 mm.
3) With the Front Splitter securely fastened to the fascia, locate the dimple at the center of the part and slowly drill a 5/16” hole through the splitter and lower fascia. Refer to Figure 4. Be careful not to allow the drill bit to contact the upper surface of the fascia, as shown in Figure 5. Wrap the drill bit with masking tape, 1/2” from the tip of the drill bit, to act as a drill stop.
4) Install one (1) bolt (11-357-0269) and nut (11-278-0260) into the drilled hole at the center of the Splitter. Tighten and torque the nut to 5 Nm (44 lb-in). Refer to Figure 6.
5) Using a 1/4” drive ratchet with a 5.5 mm socket, reinstall the lower closeout panel using the nine (9) hex head screws previously removed in Step 1. Two (2) at the wheel well splash shields, three (3) at the sub frame and four (4) at the front fascia. Refer to Figure 7.
6) Install two (2) Phillips head screws (W712919-S) at the rear of the Splitter to the clip nuts on the close out panel, as shown in Figure 8.