401969 Roush Mustang Billet Shifter Arm (2005-2010)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Billet Shifter Arm (2005-2010)
Billet Shifter Arm
WORK SAFELY! Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned “off”. Installation of this shifter requires working underneath vehicle.
USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN WORKING UNDERNEATH VEHICLE. Never get near or underneath vehicle until you are confident that it is safely supported and will not move or fall from its raised position.
DO NOT USE A BUMPER JACK! NOTE! There is a limited amount of working space underneath the car around the transmission and floor pan area while replacing and installing the shifter assembly, however, shifter removal and replacement can be performed without removal of drive shaft. If drive shaft is removed to facilitate the installation, consult the manufacturer’s service manual for correct procedure.
Disassembly (ROUSH Billet Shifter Handle Removal)
1) Use a 17mm wrench to loosen the jam nut below the shifter knob. Turn the jam nut clockwise to unlock it from the knob.
2) Remove the shifter knob from the handle by turning the knob counter-clockwise. Then remove the jam nut from the handle by turning it counter-clockwise.
3) Remove the shifter boot, by lifting up on the boot surround (the shifter boot just snaps in place on the console).
4) Use a 7/32” hex driver to remove the two 1" length bolts that attach the shifter handle to the short throw shifter. Remove the shifter handle. The center console may need to be elevated, by lifting up on it, to access the bolts.
Assembly (ROUSH Shifter Damper)
1) Push male rubber damper into shifter handle.
2) Slide female rubber damper over shifter handle.
3) Using a non-oil based lubricant (glass cleaner works well), push the (2) spacers into the shifter handle. Make sure that the spacers are flush with the outside surface.
4) Again using a non-oil based lubricant (as in step 3), push the damper clamp over the female rubber damper on the shifter handle.
Assembly (ROUSH Billet Shifter Handle with Damper Installation)
1) Install the shifter handle with damper onto the short throw shifter.
a. Slide the shifter handle and damper assembly over the short throw shifter (the dust boot will have to be pressed down).
b. Place a few drops of Loctite® 242 medium strength thread locker (or equivalent) on end of each 1.75" length bolt and on the shifter threads before installation (be sure to use the new 1.75” length bolts included in the kit).
2) Hand-tighten the bolts, making sure that the rubber damper assembly is compressing evenly around the shifter handle. The bolt heads should tighten against the steel damper clamp.
3) Use a 7/32” hex driver and torque wrench to torque the (2) 1.75” length bolts to 35 Nm (25 lb-ft).
4) Re-install the shifter boot over the top of the shifter handle and snap it into place on the console. Slide the shifter boot collar down on the handle until “ROUSH” is visible.
5) Re-install the jam nut onto the handle until it bottoms on the threads.
6) Re-install the knob onto the handle until it bottoms on the jam nut, and then turn it counter-clockwise until the shifter pattern is lined up.
7) While holding the knob in position, turn the jam nut counter-clockwise until it seats against the knob. Tighten the jam nut to hold the knob in position, using a 17mm wrench.