Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Front Fascia (2005-2009)
Front Fascia Kit
Before installing your ROUSH Performance Product(s), read through the entire installation procedure and check to make sure all items are present. Contact ROUSH Customer Service at 1-800-59-ROUSH, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays, for any questions regarding fit or instructions that are unclear to you.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
1) Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2) Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3) Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4) Block the front and rear tire surface to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5) If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
6) Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7) Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
8) Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
9) Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
10) Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
11) Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
12) Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
13) Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
WORK SAFELY! Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
1) Wipe each part with plastic prep (Dupont® 2319 or equivalent).
2) Wipe entire part with tack cloth.
3) Apply adhesion promoter (Dupont® 2330S or equivalent) prior to color and clear coat applications. This part is made of TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) and requires a promoter for paint adhesion.
1) Wear eye protection.
2) Thoroughly clean front fascia prior to starting installation.
Stock Fascia Removal
1) Remove fascia top close out panel, 6 pushpins. (Figure A)
2) Remove fascia top fasteners with 10mm socket, 1 each side. (Figure B)
3) Disconnect turn lamp connectors from lamp. Remove fascia lower close out fasteners from fascia, 4 total. (Figure C)
4) Remove fascia nuts from fender to fascia attachment inside wheel well, 2 per side. (Figure D)
5) Remove screws inside wheel well, 3 each side. (Figure E)
6) Remove fastener at each wheel liner, one per side.
7) After all hardware has been removed, carefully remove front fascia from car by pulling the top corner down off of bolts. (Figure F)
Stock Fascia Disassembly
1) Remove turn lamps from fascia and the bracket that holds them by grinding out the rivets, 2 per side. (Figure G)
1) Remove front grille from the original stock fascia and reuse it in the RPP fascia. Leave the lights in the grille. (Figure H)
Front Fascia Pre-Installation
1) Install fascia corner brackets LH / RH using supplied rivets (2 per side).
2) Install OE side marker lamps LH / RH into RPP fascia.
3) Install Grille Inserts to fascia and fastener with push on clips provided. (Figure I)
4) Install Extractor to fascia.
a. Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the areas where double-sided tape will be applied
b. Install supplied tape to extractor, 1 short and 3 long pieces per extractor.
c. Install Extractor Grille Inserts and Black Out Panels to Extractors. Fasten with push on clips provided. (Figure K)
d. Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the area on the fascia that will receive the double-sided tape.
e. Peel tape backing to make a pull-tab, position to fascia opening, press into position and remove tape strips.
5) Install Fog Lamp Brackets to fascia using provided nuts, 3 per side. (Figure L)
Installation of Front Fascia
1) Place RPP fascia in position on car. (Figure M)
2) Properly align fascia to headlamps and fenders and insert tab into groove (see picture) while moving fascia into position.
3) Reinstall fascia top fasteners. (Figure N)
4) Position fascia to fenders and reinstall fasteners, two per side. (Figure O)
5) Install electrical connectors for Turn and Fog Lamps.
6) Attach wheel well to front fascia with screws. (Figure P)
7) Install RPP close out panel to bottom of fascia. Note: the closure panel is used to fill gap between the newly installed RPP fascia and vehicle’s OE close out panel.
a. Install supplied u-nuts to RPP close out panel
b. Position RPP close out panel on top of fascia flange and below existing close out panel.
c. Remove the u-nuts (4) that are on the existing close out panel. (Figure Q)
d. Use the supplied u-nuts (4) and screws (4) to attach the existing closes out panel the ROUSH close out panel.
e. Use the supplied u-nuts (4) and screws (4) to attach the ROUSH close out panel to the ROUSH front fascia. (Figure R)
8) Verify proper fit. Fascia installation is complete. See Fog Lamp Wire Harness
Installation Instructions to install ROUSH Fog Lamp Wiring Harness Kit #R03010080.