401340 Roush Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust w/o Tips (2005-2009)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust w/o Tips (2005-2009)
Axle-Back Exhaust Kit w/o Tips
Must have Roush Rear Valence
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death.
Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
1) Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2) Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3) Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4) Block the front and rear tire surface to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5) Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
6) Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
7) Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
8) Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
9) Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
10) Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
11) Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
Original Exhaust System Removal
Note: With a used vehicle, we suggest a penetrating spray lubricant to be applied liberally to all exhaust fasteners and allowing a significant period of time for the chemical to lubricate the threads before attempting to disassemble.
1) Loosen the clamps shown in figure 1 located just behind the h-pipe.
2) Loosen the clamps shown in figure 2 located just in front of each muffler assembly.
3) Beginning with the left (driver) side, using a flat blade screwdriver, pull the clip as shown in figure 3 to disengage it from the pipe.
4) Remove the left (driver) side over axle pipe shown in figure 4 by removing the front of the pipe first then sliding it out of the muffler assembly.
5) Remove the factory clamp for use during the installation of your new exhaust system.
6) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the removal of the right side over axle pipe.
7) Lubricate hangers and rubber isolators.
8) On left (driver) side muffler assembly, remove the hangers from the rubber isolators and remove the muffler from the vehicle as shown in figure 5.
9) Repeat step 7 for the removal of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.
Warning: Use extreme caution during installation. Torque all fasteners according to manufacturer’s torque values and tightening sequence. DO NOT use air impact tools to tighten fasteners on Roush Performance Products Exhaust Systems. Use of such tools may result in bent flanges or gasket contact areas leading to exhaust leaks.
Roush Performance Products Exhaust System Installation
1) Place a clamp over the expanded inlet pipe of the left (driver) side muffler assembly and set it up into position as shown in figure 6 installing the hangers into the rubber isolators.
2) Repeat step 1 for the installation of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.
3) Place the original clamp over the expanded end of left (driver) side over axle pipe and set it back into position by first installing the rear portion into the muffler assembly.
4) Repeat step 3 for the installation of the right (passenger) side over axle pipe.
5) Place a clamp over the expanded outlet pipe of the muffler assembly and install the tip as shown in figure 7.
6) Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment as shown in figure 8.
7) Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the clamps to 32-35 ft. lbs.
8) Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
9) Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary.
10) Roush Performance Product(s) exhaust system installation is complete.