Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust w/ Square Tips (2005-2009)
Axle-Back Exhuast Kit For Roush Rear Fascia
Must have ROUSH Rear Valence Kit #R03030061.
Before installing your ROUSH Performance Product(s), read through the entire installation procedure and check to make sure all items are present. Contact ROUSH Customer Service at 1-800-59-ROUSH, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays, for any questions regarding fit or instructions that are unclear to you.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
1) Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2) Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3) Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4) Block the front and rear tire surface to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5) If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
6) Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7) Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
8) Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
9) Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
10) Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
11) Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
12) Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
13) Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
WORK SAFELY! Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
Original Exhaust System Removal
Note: With a used vehicle, we suggest a penetrating spray lubricant to be applied liberally to all exhaust fasteners and allowing a significant period of time for the chemical to lubricate the threads before attempting to disassemble.
1) Loosen the two (2) clamps shown in Figure 1 located just behind the hpipe.
2) Loosen the two (2) clamps shown in Figure 2 located just in front of each muffler assembly.
3) Beginning with the left (driver) side, using a flat blade screwdriver, pull the clip as shown in Figure 3 to disengage it from the pipe.
4) Remove the left (driver) side over axle pipe shown in Figure 4 by removing the front of the pipe first then sliding it out of the muffler assembly.
5) Remove the factory clamp for use during the installation of your new exhaust system.
6) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the removal of the right side over axle pipe.
7) Lubricate hangers and rubber isolators.
8) On left (driver) side muffler assembly, remove the hangers from the rubber isolators and remove the muffler from the vehicle as shown in Figure 5.
9) Repeat step 7 for the removal of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.
Warning: Use extreme caution during installation. Torque all fasteners according to manufacturer’s torque values and tightening sequence. DO NOT use air impact tools to tighten fasteners on ROUSH Performance Products Exhaust Systems. Use of such tools may result in bent flanges or gasket contact areas leading to exhaust leaks.
1) Place a clamp over the expanded inlet pipe of the left (driver) side muffler assembly and set it up into position as shown in Figure 6 installing the hangers into the rubber isolators.
2) Repeat step 1 for the installation of the right (passenger) side muffler assembly.
3) Place the original clamp over the expanded end of left (driver) side over axle pipe and set it back into position by first installing the rear portion into the muffler assembly.
4) Repeat step 3 for the installation of the right (passenger) side over axle pipe.
5) Place a clamp over the expanded outlet pipe of the muffler assembly and install the tip as shown in Figure 7.
6) Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment as shown in Figure 8.
7) Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the clamps to 32-35 ft. lbs.
8) Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
9) Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary.