401337 Roush Mustang Side Skirt Kit (2005-2009)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Side Skirt Kit (2005-2009)
Side Skirt Kit
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
1) Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2) Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3) Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4) Block the front and rear tire surface to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5) Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
6) Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
7) Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
8) Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
9) Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
10) Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
11) Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
1) Wipe each part with plastic prep (Dupont® 2319 or equivalent)
2) Wipe entire part with tack cloth
3) Apply adhesion promoter (Dupont® 2330S or equivalent) prior to color and clear coat applications. This part is made of TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) and requires a promoter for paint adhesion.
1) Wear eye protection
2) Clean area where the RPP rocker will be installed thoroughly before installation.
Stock Rocker Molding Removal
1) Remove rear wheels from vehicle.
2) Remove fasteners at front wheel well opening flange, two per side. (Figure A)
3) Remove five big push pins and one small per side from bottom of rocker moldings. (Figure B)
4) Remove rocker molding from body. (Figure C)
5) Clean both right and left hand side rocker areas on vehicle with rubbing alcohol.
Rocker Molding Preparation
1) Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, or equivalent, to areas to receive double-sided tape.
2) Install the supplied tape strips to front and rear rocker moldings.
3) Peel 2 or 3 inches of the red tape backing tape backing and fold over to make a pull-tab.
4) Install ‘W’ clips to front and rear rockers. (Figure D)
Rocker Molding Installation
1) Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the areas on the car where the double-sided tape will mate to.
2) Install rear rocker molding to vehicle by positioning to vehicle and engaging ‘W’ clips.
3) Install rear front molding to vehicle by positioning to vehicle and engaging ‘W’ clips to body.
4) Install pushpins into bottom of front and rear rocker moldings.
a. The forward most hole in the front rocker must be folded into place. (Figure E)
b. Use the small push pin (Pin, 6.35 x 27mm Push) in the forward most hole in the front rocker
5) With all clips and pushpins installed, verify rocker fit to vehicle and continuous gap at front / rear joint.
6) Install front rocker molding tape area by peeling off protective backing and positioning on to body, aligning to body features.
7) With front rocker molding installed evaluate fit of rear rocker molding for proper alignment and gap at joint.
8) Install rear rocker molding tape area by peeling off protective tape and positioning on to body, aligning to body features.
9) Install the (2) self-tapping rear mounting screws (#8 x1) into rear rocker and through body flange. (Figure F)
10) Install front rocker flange fasteners (Scrivet, 6.3 x 23mm). (Figure G)
11) Re-install rear wheels on vehicle.