401269 Roush Mustang Chin Spoiler for Roush Front Fascia (2005-2009)
Shop Mustang Parts
- Air and Fuel
- Air and Fuel Cooling Systems and Components
- Air Cleaners, Filters, Intakes and Components
- Carburetors and Components
- Fuel Cells, Tanks and Components
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Electronic
- Fuel Injection Systems and Components - Mechanical
- Fuel Pumps, Regulators and Components
- Intake Manifolds and Components
- Nitrous Oxide Systems and Components
- Oxygen Sensors, Controllers and Components
- Superchargers, Turbochargers and Components
- Throttle Cables, Linkages, Brackets and Components
- Books Videos and Software
- Chassis Components
- Ebay Listings
- Engines and Components
- Belts and Pulleys
- Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Connecting Rods and Components
- Crankshafts and Components
- Cylinder Heads and Components
- Engine Bearings
- Engine Covers, Pans and Dress-Up Components
- Engine Pre Heaters and Components
- Engines, Blocks and Components
- Harmonic Balancers
- Oiling Systems
- Pistons and Piston Rings
- Exterior Components
- Fittings Hoses and Valves
- Gaskets and Seals
- Gauges and Accessories
- Heating and Cooling
- Ignitions and Electrical
- Interior and Accessories
- Mobile Electronics
- Oils, Fluids and Sealer
- Paints and Finishing
- Promotional Collectables and Apparel
- Safety Equipment
- Steering and Components
- Suspension and Components
- Towing Equipment
- Wheels and Tires
- 2015+ Mustang
- 2010-2014 Mustang
- 2005-2009 Mustang
- 1999-2004 Mustang
- 1994-1998 Mustang
- 1979-1993 Mustang
Shop This Part Now: Roush Mustang Chin Spoiler for Roush Front Fascia (2005-2009)
Chin Spoiler For Roush Front Fascia
Note: Front Chin Spoiler Kit (R03010050) requires pre-installation of the ROUSH Mustang Front Fascia Kit (R03010046) Before installing your ROUSH Performance Product(s), read through the entire installation procedure and check to make sure all items are present. Contact ROUSH Customer Service at 1-800-59-ROUSH, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays, for any questions regarding fit or instructions that are unclear to you.
Equipment and Supplies Required
- 11 mm Socket
- Soft Cloth
- #2 Phillips Head Screw Driver
- Drill Bit, 6 mm and 7 mm
- Automatic Center Punch
- Role of Masking Tape
- Torque Gage (Nm)
- Nut, M4x0.7
- Hex Flange (2)
- Screw, M4.2x1.41x18mm
- Hex SEMS (10)
- Tape, Adhesive 12x28mm (1)
- Tape, Adhesive 12x100mm (6)
- Front Chin Spoiler (1)
- M4.x0.7x23mm (2)
- 6.3x23mm (4)
- Drill Template (1)
- Front Chin Spoiler Kit, #R03010083
- U-Nut, M4.2x1.41 (10)
- Corner Spacer (2)
- Dupont® 2319 Plastic Prep
- Dupont® 2330S or equivalent Adhesion Promoter (for paint)
- 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter (for double-sided tape)
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
1) Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2) Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3) Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4) Block the front and rear tire surface to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5) If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
6) Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7) Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
8) Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
9) Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
10) Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
11) Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
12) Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
13) Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
WORK SAFELY! Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
1) Wipe each part with plastic prep (Dupont® 2319 or equivalent)
2) Wipe entire part with tack cloth
3) Apply Adhesion Promoter (Dupont® 2330S or equivalent) prior to color and clear coat applications. This part is made of TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) and requires a promoter for paint adhesion.
1) Wear eye protection
2) Clean Front Fascia thoroughly before using drill template.
1) Position Templates to Front Fascia and Wheel Return Flange, refer to alignment marks on Drill Templates (#R03010083), Refer to Figures A. Tape Template into place.
2) Transfer hole centers from Templates to Front Fascia using automatic center punch.
3) Drill 7 mm and 6 mm holes on Front Fascia per Drill Template (#R03010083).
4) De-Burr all holes and remove shavings from area.
Chin Spoiler Preparation
1) Install supplied U-nuts and U-studs to Chin Spoiler. (Refer to Figure B)
2) Install supplied Tape to Chin Spoiler. (Refer to Figure B)
Chin Spoiler Installation
1) Trial fit the Chin Spoiler to the Front Fascia. Install fasteners but DO NOT remove tape protective covering at this time. Verify proper alignment and consistent gaping to fascia surface.
2) After fit is reviewed, remove parts for final assembly.
3) Install Chin Spoiler to Front Fascia.
a. Remove 1” section of the tape backing from each Tape Strip creating a pull tab for easy removal with Chin Spoiler in installed position.
b. Position Chin Spoiler to Fascia and verify proper alignment.
c. Install the supplied 10 Screws and 2 Nuts to the backside of Fascia to support the Chin Spoiler at the attachment points identified in Figure B. Torque fasteners to 1.5 Nm.
d. If the Chin Spoiler fit to the Fascia has waves at attachment points (Refer to Figure B.), back fastener torque off till waves are gone.
e. Remove protective covering from Tape Strips by pulling tabs.
f. Apply pressure to taped area to secure bond.
4) Install Chin Spoiler wheel opening fasteners.
a. Place Corner Spacer (one per side) between Chin Spoiler and Front Fascia (Refer to Figure C). Hold in place and use the existing 7 mm holes on Chin Spoiler to drill through the Spacer and Front Fascia.
b. Use Scrivets and Corner Spacers (2 each) to fasten the Spoiler to the Fascia Return Flange.